Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Liquid Goodness

So today the Starbucks in the lobby of my office building finally opened. It's been looking like it could open any day for the past few weeks. In fact, one day last week they were calibrating the machines and a pleasing aroma of freshly-ground coffee filled the air. It was torture because the smell hit me as soon as I walked through the front door, and I thought they had opened. Anyway, I think having such a conveniently-located Starbucks could be dangerous. First off, you can't get by there without spending at least two dollars. Secondly, I really don't need all that extra caffeine. In fact, I've been cutting back on caffeine and soda in general lately, so after a half a cup I'm already feeling euphoric yet slightly anxious. It's just a matter of time before the vein in my neck starts throbbing...oooh, there it goes! I'm also a big fan of their crumb cake, which, thankfully for my waistline and wallet, they did not have this morning.

Has anyone noticed that they seem to be able to squeeze a Starbucks into just about any place? Every Target and Safeway around here has one. I used to tell people that we had a Starbucks in the basement of our house. At the rate they're going, maybe someday we will!

1 comment:

Ben said...

I am so glad I'm not a coffee drinker. I have the occasional bottled Frappuchino (sp?), but if I'm actually at Starbucks, I get one of the mixed creme drinks (no coffee), their hot apple cider if it's in season, or a juice. Their hot apple cider is a thing of beauty: I highly suggest them if you've never tried one.