Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Baby Mozart

I am very pleased to see Jack's musical abilities developing at such a young age. He is rather fascinated by the piano, and he loves to run his little fingers over the strings of my guitar. He's also becoming quite the dancer. Anytime music is playing on the radio or television (especially during the opening of one of his mother's favorite daytime programs, the Ellen DeGeneres Show), he bops up and down and waves his arms around. It is clear that he loves music. I believe that a lot of my musical ability stems from having started piano lessons at a rather young age (first grade). By the time we could start learning musical instruments in school, around fourth grade, I had already had years of experience reading and performing music. I hope I can pass my gift, talent, ability, or whatever you want to call it on to Jack, and I plan to start him out on the piano as soon as he shows signs of being ready (which at this point would be learning to sit still for more than two seconds). I have no doubt that, like me, he will harbor a lifetime love of music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read this, Jack keeps running ot the other side of the room to play with the guitar and touch the keys onthe keyboard. I told him that Dada would play the keyboard with him. :)

-Bunny

Ben said...

Abby bounces up and down to music too, and she is also very interested in keyboards. Computer keyboards mind you, but interested nonetheless.

I really enjoy watching kids at this age playing with something and trying to figure it out. You can really see the gears turning up there. Incredible.