Monday, June 06, 2005

WoW = Weekend of Warcraft

Our activities this past weekend just go to prove our previously-mentioned addiction to World of Warcraft. On Friday, we finally moved the bulk of our computer equipment down to the basement den from the spare bedroom we had been using as an office. I had been planning to do this for months now, but never had any real incentive to do so until it came to preparing for our Weekend of Warcraft. Ben and Michelle arrived early Saturday afternoon, along with my work buddy Jeff. After a minor amount of setup, we had five computers going strong, and soon enough we were all sucked into the World. We played all day and all night. Eventually Jeff left and the rest of us went to sleep. But, early the next morning, we were all back at it again (minus Jeff, who had to drive to Philadelphia), and we spent another full day playing Warcraft (except for a brief visit to the swimming pool to pay some attention to the babies for a change). I can't believe I was initially worried about getting my money's worth out of the game (based on the $15/month fee). I'll admit that I'm completely addicted at this point, so now my enjoyment comes from watching my friends go through the same four stages I did concerning WoW: curiosity, resistance, giving in, and total addiction!

6 comments:

Ben said...

Let me start off with the obligitory, I hate you for ruining my life.

That said, I think I can honestly say that Michelle is more addicted than I am. I got home a little early yesterday so I could mow the lawn and start laundry. I did those things and straightened up a little bit and then I started playing. Michelle got home after I had been playing for about 15-20 minutes. Before Michelle even gets in the door with Abby, she asks if we can play.

She's got it. Bad.

Although in her defence, I'm not too far behind. Storms chased us off earlier than we would have liked and kept Abby up, I wanted to log on this morning and finish up what I was working on while Abby was still asleep only to find that all the realms are down until this afternoon! That sucks!

Oh. I guess I should mention that I had a crapload of fun this weekend. B-)

James said...

Yeah, guess I should have mentioned that Tuesday is "maintenance day." Jessie also found that out the hard way last Tuesday morning. Don't worry, barring any unusual circumstances, everything will be back up sometime this afternoon. Oh yeah, and you can stop telling me that you hate me for ruining your life...I get it. I won't pressure you to play anymore. You can stop anytime. ;-)

Ben said...

These servers aren't self-maintaining? For $15 a month, they sure should be. Those gnomes aren't earning their paycheck if you ask me. Maybe they should seek a better engineering trainer.

So Tuesday is maintence day. Every Tuesday or just occasionally?

I don't really hate you. You know that. It was just revenge for the peer pressure. I think I've got it out of my system now Mr. Pushy-Pants.

BTW: You've got a bronze tube and 4 tigerseye gems in the mail. You're welcome.

James said...

Thanks for the loot! And, no, I don't think you really hate me, even though you've been telling me that every day for the last week. :-) My understanding is that every Tuesday they do some degree of server maintenance, but it is done during the hours that most of us would be (or should be) at work. There was only one occassion since I've been playing that the server seemed to be particularly "laggy" on a Tuesday night after maintenance.

Anonymous said...

You guys are nuts....

But I have been there before. DAoC had me pretty bad there for a while.

Kris

Ben said...

It's been two weeks. Stop playing WoW and update your stinkin' 'blog! I'm just as hooked as you (maybe moreso), but I at least update my 'blog.

B-)