Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Death of Blog?

Someone felt the need to harass me for not updating my blog over the last couple weeks. So, I feel I owe my faithful readers (or is that reader, singular?) an explanation. Sometime during the next few days I will be entering a data black hole at work. No information in, no information out. No email, no World Wide Web, no cell phone...nothing. Sure, in an emergency, I can be contacted via landline phone, but that's it. Of course, I could always update my blog from home, which I will try to do from time to time, but I have two things working against me there: class and WoW. The summer semester started a few weeks ago, and this class is going to be a lot of work. For the reasons mentioned above, I won't be able to do much schoolwork during the day. That leaves evenings and weekends, which as most of you know, have been consumed by WoW in recent weeks. And, I still need some time for my husband- and fatherly duties. As a result, my blog will suffer, and for that I apologize in advance. So, hopefully that certain someone will stop leaving negative comments here and you will all bear with me as I transition into my new workday lifestyle. This has been almost a year and a half in the making, so I'm pretty excited. It's about time!

4 comments:

Ben said...

I apologize if my comment seemed like harassment. That was not my intent. I'm just trying to save the 'blog of the man who got me started on 'blogging.

It would be rather like what would happen if you just up and stopped playing WoW after getting Michelle and I hooked on it. I would certainly be expected in that situation to try to get you to continue playing.

I understand that you're very busy between the black hole job and class. I shall make no further statements about the frequency of your 'blog updates out of respect for your situation.

James said...

Oh, Ben! I think you take me too seriously. I just like to give you a hard time in response to you giving me a hard time. :-) It is true...I was partly responsible for the initial momentum of the blogs, and I do intend to continue to post...I just know I won't be able to update as frequently so I wanted to let everyone know that up front. And, I wanted everyone to know that it's not just because I'm addicted to WoW! ;-)

Ben said...

Better safe than sorry in my opinion, especially when such good friends are concerned.

"it's not just because I'm addicted to WoW"

But it is part of it....

B-)

Ryan said...

Ohhh...Project planning and control. I have a love/hate relationship with that stuff. On the love side, I really get into the planning and resource assignment. On the hate side, I have a real problem with the detail side of it. It's the way I'm wired, I think I talked about it on my blog at one point or another.

Good luck with it!