Sunday, January 22, 2006
Unbroken
I reported about a month ago, complete with a nice photo, that ground had been broken on our new home. Imagine our surprise this morning when we drove by the site only to see that the hole is gone! It turns out that they hit a major electrical line on their first attempt, so they will be re-digging the hole about five feet farther back from the street. Except for the fact that I'm hoping this isn't a sign of things to come on this construction project, I actually think it's worked out in our favor. Although five feet isn't a lot, it will be nice to have an extra five feet of front yard and an extra five feet of driveway. Our lot is long and skinny anyway, so we won't miss the five foot loss from the back yard. According to the builder, they'll be re-breaking ground this week, if that is what you call it, and should pour the foundation shortly thereafter. Fingers are crossed with great anticipation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My understanding of home construction, from the research I did when I was planning on doing such, is that they never go as planned. I believe the electrical line issue is just par for the course. :( Hopefully that isn't the case with you all, though!
Now you'll have another 5' of driveway to clear of snow too! :)
Post a Comment