While tonight I will go to sleep as a twentysomething, I will wake up tomorrow as a thirtysomething. It is unfortunate only in that I don't feel like I could possibly be thirty years old. Where has the time gone? While some times past seem as though they occurred a lifetime ago, others feel as though they only happened yesterday. If I have to have the label of "30" placed on me, I'm not complaining. My life continues to get better every day. I would be foolish to say I couldn't be happier because for the longest time each new day has been a little sweeter than the one before.
A friend at work the other day said, "Your thirties is when everything falls into place." This is the time when most people become secure in their careers, their marriages, their finances, etc., and can sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labor. For me, that means watching my children grow, teaching them, learning from them, and enjoying every moment spent with them. Indeed, I feel as though I have more in common with the average 39-year-old than the average 20-year-old. And, that suits me just fine.

2 comments:
Welcome to the club, and happy birthday. Just don't poop out on us too early this weekend old-timer. B-)
I am enjoying all the very sweet sweet days of our family. The longer we are together, the more in love with you I am!
Post a Comment